The chapter begins with Madison entering a hospital to meet John Sheppard's mother, Ann Sheppard. She hopes to find out what happened to John's brother, specifically his name. After talking with the receptionist Madison is directed to Ann's room at the end of the hallway. When Madison enters and asks her about her sons, it is clear she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Ann is able to remember very little from her past and her mind wanders frequently. Madison aids her memory by showing her different objects relating to her past. Ann starts to recall more and more. Madison is eventually able to get the information she needs. Having discovered the name she needs, she leaves the hospital, ending the chapter.
Talk to the receptionist then go through the big doors and down the hall to number 19 to meet Ann Sheppard. In order to jog Ann's memory collect the following:
- The origami figures on the table.
- Go to the desk next to Ann and open the upper drawer to find a photo of the twins.
- Retrieve an orchid from the hall for Ann's flower vase.
- Use the origami book to make a paper dog.
Ann will remember everything about the incident and what happened to the twins. She will then say her surviving son's name by whispering it in Madison's ear.
- When Ann reveals the Origami Killer's identity to Madison Paige, Madison is shocked. Unless she is simply shocked to learn who the killer is, there is no reason for her to react this way as there is no concrete evidence that she knew the killer or anything about him before the revelation.
- It's possible that Madison learned about the killer (or at least encountered his name) throughout the course of her investigation, since it's revealed during "On the Loose" that she keeps extensive notes on the case.
- Some players believe that Madison and the killer would have interacted with each other in the Heavy Rain Chronicles. However, since Quantic Dream's development team shifted its focus to Beyond: Two Souls, only one installment of the Chronicles was developed, and the killer did not appear in it.
- Ann Sheppard's name was taken from Cecelia Ann Shepard, a victim of the Zodiac Killer.
- Ann complains that she has no TV, yet there is clearly one in her room.
- She may have simply forgotten about it due to her Alzheimer's.
- Some hospitals have TV but have the cable disconnected until the patient pays a fee, and since Ann states she has no money, it may be present but inoperable.
- This chapter will be skipped if Madison dies in "The Doc."
Chapters played as Ethan (in chronological order) - Prologue | The Mall | Father and Son | The Shrink | The Park | Where's Shaun? | Paparazzi | Lexington Station | The Motel | The Bear | The Butterfly | The Lizard | Fugitive | The Shark | On the Loose | The Rat | The Old Warehouse
Chapters played as Scott (in chronological order) - Sleazy Place | Hassan's Shop | Suicide Baby | A Visitor | Kramer's Party | The Golf Club | Manfred | Eureka | The Cemetery | Flowers on the Grave | Trapped | Face to Face | Hold My Hand | Origami Killer
Chapters played as Norman (in chronological order) - Crime Scene | Welcome, Norman | Kick Off Meeting | Nathaniel | Covered Market | Shrink and Punches | Jayden Blues | Under Arrest | Mad Jack | Fish Tank | Solving the Puzzle | The Old Warehouse