Ethan is in prison, having been successfully framed as the Origami Killer by Carter Blake, with scrambled origami figures all over his cell. Unable to take the suffering anymore, he hangs himself in his jail cell for being unable to save his son Shaun.
- Ethan has to either:
- Shaun has to die (which means that both Madison and Norman must either die or fail to get to "The Old Warehouse").
- This is considered to be Ethan's worst epilogue due to him being falsely accused of being the Origami Killer, and losing Shaun.
- This ending along with "Dead Heroine," "Smoking Mirror" and "Unpunished" are considered by many to be the worst combination of endings. This is because all the main characters except Scott die, including Shaun and Lauren.
- It is unclear who created all the origami figures scattered across Ethan's cell.
- It is interesting to note that Ethan's suicide would not usually be possible in the real world, as prison guards and personnel would generally not allow an inmate time alone with a length of rope which could be suitably fashioned into a noose.