The chapter starts with Madison arriving at the motel. She walks into the lobby and fills out the registration book for the creepy receptionist. She does so and walks off thinking about how obnoxious the receptionist is. As she approaches her room, she sees Ethan leaning against the safety railing outside that floor's row of rooms and asks if he is okay. Ethan collapses and asks Madison to help him to his room. Madison does so and treats Ethan's wounds. The chapter ends with the player taking control of Ethan and picking out another origami figure.
You play as Madison. Get off of your bike and go to the lobby, fill out the book for the receptionist and go upstairs to her room. There you find Ethan. Help him get to his room, and tend to his wounds. Take the disinfectant to disinfect Ethan's wounds. Make sure you do it slowly, otherwise he asks you to leave (on any difficulty other than easy). Then, grab the painkiller and give it to Ethan. After recovering slightly, Ethan will then take a shower. Madison stays in the room while Ethan showers to make sure that he doesn't fall unconscious. Here, Ethan and Madison can have a bit of interaction and find out more about each other. After Ethan gets out of the shower, Madison will leave ending the segment as Madison.
You then play as Ethan. Simply pick up the box and take out another origami figure to end the chapter.
- When Madison Paige checks into the Cross Road Motel in this chapter, the receptionist states her age is 27. However, if Madison dies over the course of the game, the gravestone in the ending "Dead Heroine" says that she was born in 1981, which would make her 30 years old in 2011 (the year in which the game takes place).
- This chapter can be ended quickly by repeatedly applying the disinfectant too quickly, which will prompt Ethan to ask Madison to leave.
- This is the first chapter to show Madison in her clothes, as in "Sleepless Night," she was only shown in her underwear and tank top.
- This is the first time Ethan and Madison have crossed paths and the second time two playable main characters appear in the same chapter. The first time where this has happened was in "Welcome, Norman" if Norman did not take the Triptocaine.
- Despite the introduction stating that the day is Wednesday, the clock at the reception says the date is Thursday, the 5th of October 2011. However, the 5th of October 2011 actually fell on a Wednesday, so the date in the reception area is considered to be an error.
- If the player looks through the door whilst Ethan is having a shower, he appears to be taking a shower with his boxer shorts still on.
Chapters played as Ethan (in chronological order) - Prologue | The Mall | Father and Son | The Shrink | The Park | Where's Shaun? | Paparazzi | Lexington Station | The Motel | The Bear | The Butterfly | The Lizard | Fugitive | The Shark | On the Loose | The Rat | The Old Warehouse
Chapters played as Scott (in chronological order) - Sleazy Place | Hassan's Shop | Suicide Baby | A Visitor | Kramer's Party | The Golf Club | Manfred | Eureka | The Cemetery | Flowers on the Grave | Trapped | Face to Face | Hold My Hand | Origami Killer
Chapters played as Norman (in chronological order) - Crime Scene | Welcome, Norman | Kick Off Meeting | Nathaniel | Covered Market | Shrink and Punches | Jayden Blues | Under Arrest | Mad Jack | Fish Tank | Solving the Puzzle | The Old Warehouse