Jayden follows a lead on a car linked to the Origami Killer.
|Played As:||Norman Jayden|
|Bronze:||Goodbye Mad Jack|
Norman Jayden arrives at a junkyard he intends to investigate Jackson Neville, AKA "Mad Jack", the junk yard owner who is suspected of being involved in the theft of a blue '83 Chevrolet Malibu, which Jayden believes is the Origami Killer's car. After Jayden arrives, he can either talk to Mad Jack directly, by approaching the backhoe that he is using, or by entering the garage and rousing Mad Jack's suspicions. Jayden asks Jack about the person who bought the stolen car but Jack claims that he can't remember anyone like that stating he has a "real bad memory for names". Jayden threatens Jack, telling him that if he finds out that Jack does know the man who bought the car, he will be sent to jail. Jack explains that he never saw the car and tells Jayden to "take a walk".
Jayden uses ARI to scan the garage. The clues he can find include:
- Traces of orchid pollen
- Size 10 footprints (believed to have been left by a visitor)
- Size 13 footprints (believed to be Mad Jack's)
- Blood, along with footprints, leaving a trail to the garage's acid bath.
- Tire tracks (the same brand as the Chevrolet Malibu '83 that Jayden is looking for)
- Traces of blue paint
- And possible a few more things
After Jayden finds the trail of blood he opens the cover of an acid bath revealing a human skull. Jack sneaks up behind Jayden with a Desert Eagle pistol (If the player doesnt find the acid bath after a while he will sneak behind him and says that he comes clear and once again he points his weapon at Norman). He puts the weapon to Jayden's head and tells Jayden that the skull belonged to one of Jayden's "cop buddies, asking too many questions". Jack leads Jayden toward the back of the garage to finish him off. The player has multiple chances to free Jayden. He can kick a board with wheels on it backwards, disorienting Jack and allowing Jayden to gain the upper hand. He can also grab a large hook and slam it in to Jack. If the player misses these chances Jack throws Jayden onto a nearby car and tries to hit him with a pipe. If the player is not quick enough, Norman will be shot and killed or beaten to death with a pipe. If the player does manage to dodge Jack's attacks, Jayden can try to reach his pistol. If he does, Jayden begins interrogating Jack about the killer.
Jayden can threaten Jack in a number of ways, including: "Persist" (Jayden says that he wants to know who the car belonged to, but Jack says that he's not a snitch, and Jayden might as well lock him up), "Second Chance" (Jayden gives him a last chance to make it easy for himself, but Jack says that Jayden 'ain't got the killer eyes' and Jayden should cuff him). "Hit" (Jayden hits Jack in the nose, breaking it then Jayden threatens to blow a hole in Jack's face if he does not spill what he knows Jack says Jayden doesn't scare him) "Impress" (Jayden shoots the cans of gasoline behind Jack, scaring him. Jayden claims that it's only in self-defense, which is "page 1 of the police books: kill or be killed." Jack will usually talk after this option) or "Gasoline" (Jayden asks him if he likes fireworks and he bets that the gas tanks are "gonna blow up real nice" Jack tells him not to mess with the gasoline and Jayden tells him he'll say it was an accident Jack tells him he's out of his mind. Jack also talks after this option)
Jack eventually agrees to tell Jayden about the car. He claims that he didn't know about the man who bought the car. The man wanted Jack to get rid of his dirty car and get him a new one with false license plates. The man paid cash so Jack didn't bother asking questions. He tells Jayden that the man told him to tell Paco at the Blue Lagoon when the car was finished. Jayden attempts to arrest Mad Jack but is hit with Triptocaine withdrawal again, he grows dizzy and nose starts bleeding. If Jayden can take the Triptocaine, he will arrest Jack and the chapter will end.
SurvivingEditIf Jayden fails to take the Triptocaine and focus on Jack, he will drop the Triptocaine and fall to the floor, allowing Jack to get the upper hand and knock Jayden out. After Jayden is knocked out, Jack will handcuff him to the steering wheel of his own car and begin lowering the car into a crusher. In the car Jayden can kick open the glove compartment and kick his gun up onto the dashboard. The gun will slide to the left allowing Jayden to grab it and shoot the handcuff chain. If Jayden does not reach the gun in time Mad Jack will drop the car into the crusher killing Jayden.
If Jayden escapes from the handcuffs by the time the car is lowered into the crusher he will have a short time to escape the car. If he doesn't escape in time Norman will be crushed and killed. If he escapes he will confront the backhoe assuming Jack is in it, only to find it empty, although it is still running. Jack surprises Jayden and knocks him to the ground. Jayden can defend himself using various debris scattered around. If the player fails enough QTE's, Norman will be killed. Eventually, Jack will try to slam Jayden against the backhoe. If Jayden gains the upper hand, Jack will be caught by the backhoe's wheels, crushing and killing him.
If Jayden is shot, crushed, beaten to death, or run over he will be out of the rest of the game and the player will receive the Uploaded ending.
- Jayden clearly leaves his gun in his car, but Mad Jack still finds one in his jacket after Jayden finds the skull, this is either a blooper or Jayden carries two guns.
- This is the 2nd chapter where Jayden's suit can be ruined by mud. The first is Crime Scene.
- It is possible that the "cop budd[y]" / murder victim Mad Jack refers to was also on the case of the Origami Killer. It could even be the afroamerican man from Jayden's first scene. Blake tells him to go ask the man in the machine to turn it off for five minutes because he couldn't hear himself think. He may have been killed by Mad Jack when he got there. NOTE This is stupendously unlikely, while it's possible Mad Jack was the backhoe operator it would be mind bogglingly risky to execute a cop next to a crime scene full of other police officers and at least one federal agent.
- Norman's death via the crusher in the junkyard is considered one of the most gruesome. The first one being crushed by the backhoe
- If you look very closely at Jack's tattoo on his right arm, the face of the character resembles that of the characters from the "Madness Combat" series, which is very well-known, and can be seen on a website called "Newgrounds".
- The fight scene here is considered to be the second hardest fight in the game, while the hardest being The Old Warehouse, where Norman fights Scott Shelby.
- Norman is involved in both of those fights.
Chapters played as Ethan (in chronological order) - Prologue | The Mall | Father and Son | The Shrink | The Park | Where's Shaun? | Paparazzi | Lexington Station | The Motel | The Bear | The Butterfly | The Lizard | Fugitive | The Shark | On the Loose | The Rat | The Old Warehouse
Chapters played as Scott (in chronological order) - Sleazy Place | Hassan's Shop | Suicide Baby | A Visitor | Kramer's Party | The Golf Club | Manfred | Eureka | The Cemetery | Flowers on the Grave | Trapped | Face to Face | Hold My Hand | Origami Killer
Chapters played as Norman (in chronological order) - Crime Scene | Welcome, Norman | Kick Off Meeting | Nathaniel | Covered Market | Shrink and Punches | Jayden Blues | Under Arrest | Mad Jack | Fish Tank | Solving the Puzzle | The Old Warehouse