Quantic Dream is a French video game developer based in Paris, France, founded in 1997. The company also supplies motion capture services to the film and video game industries.
They launched their first title, Omikron: The Nomad Soul, in 1999 for PC and Dreamcast, which also featured original music and acts by musician David Bowie. Quantic Dream was next due to develop Quark, a game which was later cancelled. For the next two years, the developers at Quantic Dream worked hard to advance their production infrastructure, which they had first begun using in Quark.
In 2002, they officially began development of Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in North America), the first game to use their sophisticated "interactive cinema" technology which allows gamers to play through multiple worldlines based on the decisions made rather than a one-dimensional story. Fahrenheit is also their first game to be launched to worldwide critical acclaim, receiving multiple awards and nominations prior to its release, with high ratings from all major gaming publications. According to the official Quantic Dream website, Fahrenheit has sold over 800,000 units worldwide since it was released.
As of 2005, Quantic Dream's next announced titles are a new franchise called Heavy Rain and Omikron 2, both of which are being aimed at current-generation consoles, particularly the PlayStation 3. Heavy Rain received positive previews in 2006 due to the stunning graphics of an early technology demo. Released in February 2010, Heavy Rain was well received and has sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul - Released in 1999 (for Windows) and 2000 (for Sega Dreamcast).
- Fahrenheit (named Indigo Prophecy in North America) - Released in 2005 (for the Xbox) and 2007 (for the Xbox 360, as a downloadable "Xbox Original" title).
- Heavy Rain - Released in 2010 (for the PlayStation 3).
- Beyond: Two Souls - Released in 2013 (for the PlayStation 3).
Possible upcoming gamesEdit
- Omikron 2 - No release date has been announced for this game; status is unclear due to the absence of news for several years.
- Infraworld - A once cancelled project recently trademarked by Sony Computer Entertainment.
- Fiv5 - the title has been trademarked in the European Union by Quantic Dream, a domain name entitled "fiv5.fr" has been registered by the developer.
- ↑ http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/indigo-prophecy
- ↑ http://omikrongame.blogspot.com/2006/01/omikron-2-karma.html
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/04/canned-quantic-dream-project-infraworld-trademarked-by-scee/
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/21/fiv5-could-be-the-title-of-quantic-dreams-next-game/