|Played As:|| Norman Jayden|
|Bronze:||Got to Remember|
DescriptionThe chapter begins with Norman Jayden waiting impatiently outside Captain Perry's office. When Perry finally comes out, he asks Norman if he can walk as well as talk, as he must get to the day's press conference; there is one being held every day now with all the attention the Origami Killer is getting. As Norman helps him tie his necktie, Perry expresses his reluctance at having the FBI involved with the case, but the pressure from the press is enough incentive to get results as soon as possible. Norman can then watch Perry's press conference, explore the precinct, try talking to to Lt. Carter Blake about the case (Blake blows him off), or speak to Perry's secretary Charlene about showing him his new office.
When Norman speaks with Charlene, he notices a gold watch on her desk with a basket of money near it. When he comments on the watch, Charlene tells him that it is a gift the department has been buying for their new lieutenants for the last twenty years. Norman can either donate a few dollars to the fund, or lie and say he doesn't have any cash.
Norman follows Charlene to his new "office", a dusty abandoned closet / storage room with the barest essentials provided. He is skeptical at first and thinks it is a joke but Charlene confirms it is where she was told to take him. Once he cleans up his new office "somewhat", Norman reviews the clues acquired in the chapter "Crime Scene" he can also access case files for the past Origami victims. It is revealed in this scene that not only can ARI (Added Reality Interface) examine and review evidence, it can also create a virtual-reality office for Norman that ranges from the surface of the planet Mars to the very depths of the ocean.
After the case files and clues are reviewed and Norman exits ARI, he begins to go through another bout of symptoms (presumably) caused by Triptocaine withdrawal. He decides to wash his face and resist taking more of the drug, but when he gets to the door, the handle becomes blurry and he pulls the tube of Triptocaine out of his pocket. If the player lets him take the Triptocaine, he remains in his office, otherwise Norman exits his office and tries to hide his symptoms (mainly his shaking hands) long enough to get to the men's restroom and wash his face.
No matter what the player chooses, the action shifts to Ethan Mars, who has come to the police station to report Shaun Mars as a missing person. He is interrogated by Blake and Ash about the events that led up to Shaun's disappearance. They ask him questions about what Shaun was wearing and what time he arrived at the park (if the player chooses the correct choices they will earn a trophy) Ethan tries to answer their questions. Norman may or may not join in on the interrogation, depending on whether he took the Triptocaine or decided to go to the restroom; if so, he will also ask Ethan questions and Ethan has the option of lying or answering truthfully. Blake tells Ethan they will continue looking through the night. As Blake turns to walk away, Ethan asks him if he thinks the Origami Killer could be responsible for his son's disappearance; Blake dismissively tells him Shaun has probably just run off, but when Ethan is insistent, Blake admits that if Shaun has been taken they only have four days to find him alive.
After his talk with Blake, Ethan is confronted by a panicky Grace Mars. When Ethan tells her the police will keep looking overnight, she asks him if they think it could be the Origami Killer, and Ethan reluctantly tells her that it is a possibility. Grace breaks down and demands to know why Ethan left Shaun in the park, impulsively asking him if Jason's death wasn't enough. She quickly apologizes upon seeing how much this upsets Ethan and starts crying, Ethan moves as though to comfort her but hesitates, instead she sits downon a bench and Ethan stands away from her as she cries.
- Norman Jayden - FBI Agent and profiler assigned to the Origami Killer uses ARI (Added Reality Interface) to assist his work.
- Carter Blake - Police Lieutenant and lead local investigator on the case, resents Norman from the first second they meet.
- Leighton Perry - Blake's Captain and crony, more concerned with the press and politics than catching the Origami Killer.
- Ethan Mars - Shaun's father, reports Shaun missing and informs Grace of Shaun's disapearance.
- Grace Mars - Separated / divorced from Ethan she shares custody of Shaun with Ethan, arrives at the police station and after confirming Shaun's disapearance blames Ethan for 'losing' Jason then apologizes and breaks down.
Got to Remember! -- Remember what time they arrived at the park and what Shaun was wearing (Bronze)
- If you use ARI when waiting for Perry, you can see the 3D tank from Epilogue - Case Closed. You can also play a game of wall-ball, which has a score high enough to imply that Jayden spends a great deal of time playing it.
- This is the first appearance of Leighton Perry and Ash.
- The first chapter where Norman and Ethan interact with each other. (This only occurs if Norman doesn't take Triptocaine in his office)
- This is also the first chapter to have 2 main characters that can cross paths, and it is the first one to have a main character playable in another main character's chapter.
- The game's timeline is confused here. When the chapter starts the notice on the screen states that it's 7:55 PM; however, Leighton Perry tells Charlene to "cancel all appointments this afternoon." Also, in Jayden's office, there's a beam of sunlight coming through, when it should be near night time.
- This is the first chapter to feature Grace Mars since Jason's death.
Chapters played as Ethan (in chronological order) - Prologue | The Mall | Father and Son | The Shrink | The Park | Where's Shaun? | Paparazzi | Lexington Station | The Motel | The Bear | The Butterfly | The Lizard | Fugitive | The Shark | On the Loose | The Rat | The Old Warehouse
Chapters played as Scott (in chronological order) - Sleazy Place | Hassan's Shop | Suicide Baby | A Visitor | Kramer's Party | The Golf Club | Manfred | Eureka | The Cemetery | Flowers on the Grave | Trapped | Face to Face | Hold My Hand | Origami Killer
Chapters played as Norman (in chronological order) - Crime Scene | Welcome, Norman | Kick Off Meeting | Nathaniel | Covered Market | Shrink and Punches | Jayden Blues | Under Arrest | Mad Jack | Fish Tank | Solving the Puzzle | The Old Warehouse